[PHOTO HEAVY] Nippombashi Street Festival - 日本橋ストリートフェスティバル !
Posted Tuesday 24 March 2015 // 02:10

Last March 21st I attended a cosplay event in Nippombashi! 

I attend a lot of cosplay events in the Philippines but it's my first time to attend a cosplay event in Japan so I was really looking forward to attending this event.


There were really a lot of people who went 



Silent Hill?? Ahh  

more photos@my flickr





As I have said earlier, I have frequented local Philippine cons a lot and I'm fairly used to the usual amount of crowds smushed in a small venues but! this street festival was on a different level

cr: yku_cooos@twitter

I lost the twitter that uploaded this sorry  

I lost the twitter that uploaded this sorry  

I lost the twitter that uploaded this sorry  
This was done in a fairly large street and as you can see because of the crowding on the really, really cute cosplayers some areas are blocked off and because they are blocked off people can barely walk around   

It was really warm the day I went and I'm really happy about that since I was able to walk around without freezing.

For me, this was really the same as a Philippine convention. As you can see in the street snaps, there aren't any booths that sell anime merchandise or whatnot but, this was done in the middle of Osaka's "Akihabara" so, all the shops are actually anime-themed and there is really no need for booths! Also, aside from anime merchandise stores there are actually food stores in the street so, if you're hungry you can really just go into one  


See! There's a McDonald's
Kotori&Nico from that devil game called Love Live
Also! It's pretty obvious that Love Live is popular in Japan and there were a lot and I mean a lot of cosplayers of Love Live. Other popular series were Haikyuu!!, Yowamushi Pedal, Diamond no Ace and Touhou Project and of course, Kantai Collection. There were quite a lot of Kongou cosplayers but she was really the only one I could recognize   people flocked all over KanColle cosplayers too!

I was expecting Madoka and Macross Frontier to be more popular but, they aren't as much cosplayers of these series as I have expected. 

Characters from Touken Ranbu!
I haven't played the game yet so I don't know who's who  
The whole cast of DQ4!!!
They didn't have enough money to resurrect the old man 
Kakyoin, Jolyne and Foo Fighters
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Jigen from Lupin III
I heard he also came last year!

Rohan Kishibe from
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Kamen Rider W and Kamen Rider....Kaixa?? ahh fml


I also went around inside the stores to check if they were having some sort of special event-only sale but alas they didn't really have any.


It's a second hand blanket!!!! Come on!!!! 

I also saw some really interesting people!

Not enough cameras

There were a lot of people who wore pretty daring costumes but, as you can see they are almost usually crowded over so I couldn't take photos of them haha!

If there was anything that this event lacked it was simply more time. The event itself started from 12pm and ended at 3pm. They closed the main streets for people to roam around at at around 3-4pm and that pretty much sucked. But, when I got home I saw that people were basically just loitering around Nippombashi's side streets until like 10pm haha! I wish I stayed but I was already pretty tired so I went home 




If you want to see more awesome cosplay please do visit my flickr !! I'd be uploading all of my photos there since I really suck at coding images ;;

Until next time!

瑠衣子

Labels: , ,

View Comments »
comments powered by Disqus

<$BlogCommentBody$>

< $BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>


... Back to the blog?

http://ruikyuu.blogspot.com/